2 Day Sports First Aid with AED Training
For a sports First Aid course in Surrey and around the UK have a look at the course details below. Our 2 Day Sports First Aid course is an excellent pitchside sports course suitable for candidates who play, volunteer and work in a pitchside sporting environment. It is also great if you want to learn lifesaving skills with a main focus on managing incidents and assessing the casualty deciding if they should return to activity. This course offers the same Level 5 (SCQF) qualification as our First Aid for Sports, Exercise and Fitness but is spread across 2 days allowing for further development of pitchside first aid skills and a more in-depth curriculum. It will also develop your knowledge on the use of Automated External Defibrillators (AED’s) by training you up for its use on both Adults and Children.
This course is excellent if you have a school, college or university course where you may have students volunteering or working towards a career in the pitchside environment; If you’re a sports club looking to develop your coaches and staff further; Have a career as a physiotherapist or osteopath and want to gain that knowledge of pitchside first aid.
At Ascent First Aid, we are approved by the awarding organisation ITC First Aid Ltd and you can find us registered with them by researching us here.
Course timings: 2 day course. 14 hours contact. 9.00am to 5.00pm (inc. breaks and lunch)
- Vital Signs
- Incident Management (Primary and Secondary Survey)
- Airway management (SAP – recovery position)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (Adult & Multiple person CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training (Adult and Child)
- Blood-loss and shock
- Gum Shield removal
- Sport specific in game scenarios (Responsive and Unresponsive Casualties)
- Return to play decision (SALTAPS)
- Recognition of Concussion (Maddocks Questions)
- Development of an action plan
- After game incident recording
- Management of upper and lower limb injuries
- Management of potential head and neck injuries
- First aid kits
- Soft tissue injuries
This course does not train candidates in the use of spinal boards or splinting techniques using equipment such as box splints.
Assessment: Continuous observation throughout the 2 days. There is a multiple choice question paper.
Certification: All successful candidates will receive the following certificates upon passing from our awarding body ITC;
- First Aid for Sports Exercise and Fitness SCQF Level 5
- 4 Hour Basic life support and safe use of an automated external defibrillator Level 2
“Great course! Luke is a great teacher and clearly has a passion for first aid. Very professional and always available for extra questions and to explain things differently so everyone understood.”
May also be interested in:
- Anaphylaxis training with Basic Life Support
- First Aid for Sports, Exercise & Fitness
- AED training with Basic Life Support
At Ascent First Aid we can hold group bookings for your school and workplace or even just a large group of colleagues and friends. We can use a venue of your own or we can supply one for you. Please have a look at our prices and contact Ascent First Aid to discuss your options and pricing further.