Paediatric First Aid – Level 3 Award (QCF)
For a Paediatric First Aid Level 3 course in Surrey and around the UK have a look at the course details below. The Paediatric First Aid course is suitable for anyone working with or caring for infants and children. It is great if you have to manage everyday occurrences when looking after infants and young children and this course is approved by Ofstead, meeting its requirements.
Ascent First Aid have made sure that any paediatric course we teach meets the criteria of the EYFS statutory framework set out in September 2014. Below is an out cut from that framework to which we apply ourselves.
“Providers can choose which organisation they wish to provide the training (preferably one with a nationally approved and accredited first aid qualification or one that is a member of a trade body with an approval and monitoring scheme).” for the full statutory framework head to our resources page.
At Ascent First Aid, we are approved by the awarding organisation ITC First Aid Ltd and you can find us registered with them by researching us here.
Course timings: 2 day course 12+ hours contact time. Day example: 9.30am to 4.30pm (inc. breaks and lunch)
- Vital signs (infant and child)
- Incident management
- Primary Survey (infant and child)
- Airway management – SAP (Recovery position)
- CPR – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (Adult, child and infant)
- Choking (infant and child)
- Accident reporting and recording
- First aid kit use
- Secondary survey – Looking for signs of injury and damage
- Obstructions to ears and nose
- Eye injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Electrical injury
- Limb support – slings and leg management
- Bites and stings
- Environmental concerns – Cold and heat
- Minor injury treatment
Assessment: Assessment is through continuous assessment over the day during the First Aid at Work course. There is no written questionnaire paper.
Certification: All successful candidates will receive a certificate from our awarding body ITC which is valid for 3 years.
May also be interested in:
- First Aid at Work Level 3 Award (QCF)
- Emergency First Aid at Work Level 2 Award (QCF)
- CPR and AED Training Level 2 Award (QCF)
- First Aid for Students
At Ascent First Aid we can hold group bookings for your school and workplace or even just a large group of colleagues and friends. We can use a venue of your own or we can supply one for you. Please have a look at our prices and contact Ascent First Aid to discuss your options and pricing further.