Outdoor Emergency First Aid – 1 day
This is suitable for any candidate looking to gain a 1 Day Outdoor First Aid course. This is a great course if you’re an outdoor enthusiast looking at gaining life saving skills to have a safer outdoor lifestyle; or if you’re a professional looking towards supplementing an NGB qualification. If you thought that the Emergency First Aid at Work course was not suitable for your outdoor needs then the Outdoor Emergency First Aid course is what you are looking for. It includes the life saving skills but in an outdoor context also focusing on casualty monitoring and a much needed secondary ‘damage’ survey.
For: Canoe and Kayak Instructors (BCU), Outdoor enthusiasts, RYA.
Course timings: 1 day course. 8+ hours contact. 9.00am-6.00pm (inc. breaks and lunch)
- Incident management
- Outdoor scenarios
- Basic life saving skills – ABC’s + safe airway position + CPR + AED + Choking
- Secondary survey’s – Physical and verbal examinations of casualties including casualty monitoring
- Bloodloss – minor and major + shock
- Upper and lower limb injuries – immobilise and support the limb
- Head immobilisation techniques
- Hot and cold climate conditions
- Common illnesses
- First aid kits – an understanding on how to develop a kit
- Further reading
- Online access to course resources (comming soon)
Assessment: Assessment is through continuous assessment over the 2 days during the Outdoor First Aid training. There is no written questionnaire paper.
Certification: All successful candidates will receive the following certificates upon passing:
- 1 day Outdoor Emergency First Aid
May also be interested in: