Forestry Emergency First Aid
This course is suitable for any candidate looking to gain the Forestry Emergency First Aid certificate. This EFAW+F course is based on the recommendations from the Forestry Commission,
17. Working with the principle of matching skills to your possible accidents/illnesses, for those working out on sites we recommend Managers/contractors source training that can be delivered with a forestry context (ie sites remote from medical aid and where limited help will be available).
With the above in mind, taken from the First Aid at Work – Forestry Commission Policy, Ascent First Aid has set out a course that would be relevant to those working in a Forestry environment where they will not always be easily accessible to emergency services.
For: Companies and groups looking to gain the 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work course with Forestry within their working environment. Great if you need members of staff trained up in a 1 day course suitable to their forestry working environment.
Course timings: 1 day course. 8 hours + contact. 9.00am-6.00pm (inc. breaks and lunch)
- Incident management
- Basic life saving skills – ABC’s + safe airway position + CPR + AED + Choking
- Secondary survey’s – Physical and verbal examinations of casualties including casualty monitoring
- Bloodloss – minor and major
- Catastrophic bloodloss – use of haemostatic agents and tourniquet training
- Limb immobilisation
- Hot climate conditions
- Crush injuries
- Electrical injuries
- Further reading
- Online access to course resources (coming soon)
There is a chance to develop the course further for group specific requests and information.
Assessment: Assessment is through continuous assessment over the day during the First Aid at Work Re-qualification course. There is no written questionnaire paper.
Certification: All successful candidates will receive the following certificates upon passing:
- Forestry Emergency First Aid
May also be interested in: