First Aid Annual Refresher Training
The First Aid Annual Refresher Training is a great impact course to update those who have attended a previous course with Ascent First Aid, or any provider, and to regain a quick but effective update in skills. The course contents is set out below and the idea is to deliver the basic life saving skills including AED (automated external defibrillator) familiarisation.
At Ascent First Aid, we are approved by the awarding organisation ITC First Aid Ltd and you can find us registered with them by researching us here.
Course timings: 3 1/2 hours. This can be throughout the school day or be an after school activity
- Vital signs – Recap on signs of life
- Incident management – Primary Survey
- Airway management – SAP (Recovery position)
- CPR – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- AED – scenarios with AED use including Adult and Child
We develop the course to suit the group and individuals in front of us. If there is something you would like Ascent First Aid to particularly cover then please let us know so we can tailor this course to you needs.
Assessment: Assessment is through continuous assessment over the day during the First Aid for Schools course. There is no written question paper.
Certification: All successful candidates will receive the following certificates upon passing from our awarding body ITC;
- Annual Refresher Training in Basic Life Support including Familiarisation of AED
May also be interested in:
- Emergency First Aid at Work Level 2 Award (QCF)
- Anaphylaxis training with Basic Life Support
- AED training with Basic Life Support
At Ascent First Aid we can hold group bookings for your school and workplace or even just a large group of colleagues and friends. We can use a venue of your own or we can supply one for you. Please have a look at our prices and contact Ascent First Aid to discuss your options and pricing further.