Anaphylaxis training with Basic Life Support – Level 2 Award
For Anaphylaxis training with Basic Life Support in Surrey and around the UK have a look at the course details below. This course is suitable for anyone looking to update their CPR skills and learn what anaphylaxis is and what its triggers are; safe use of an auto-injector and how to treat someone going into anaphylactic shock. Great for those who may want to have an annual recap in basic life saving skills with an emphasis on anaphylaxis and would like staff, students or colleagues trained up for safe use. This course can also be added to other courses such as the Emergency First Aid at Work course and the AED Training with Basic Life Support to add additional training to your group.
At Ascent First Aid, we are approved by the awarding organisation ITC First Aid Ltd and you can find us registered with them by researching us here.
Course timings: 4 hours contact time. Day example: 9.00am to 13.00pm or if at school we can easily fit it in around a working school day 9.30am to 3.30pm (inc. breaks and lunch)
Anaphylaxis Training Course Contents:
- Life signs
- What triggers anaphylaxis?
- How to recognise anaphylaxis.
- Familiarisation with medication.
- How to treat anaphylaxis and use of auto-injectors (including Jext; Epi-pen and Emerade).
- Incident management (primary survey)
- Airway management – SAP (Recovery position)
- CPR – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (Adult and Child)
Assessment: Assessment is through continuous assessment over the contact hours during the anaphylaxis training. There is no written questionnaire paper.
Certification: All successful candidates will receive the ‘Basic life support and Management of Anaphylaxis’ certificate upon passing, from our awarding body ITC, which is valid for 3 years.
May also be interested in:
- First Aid at Work Level 3 Award (QCF)
- AED Training with Basic Life Support Level 2
- Emergency First Aid at Work Level 2 Award (QCF)
At Ascent First Aid we can hold group bookings for your school and workplace or even just a large group of colleagues and friends. We can use a venue of your own or we can supply one for you. Please have a look at our prices and contact Ascent First Aid to discuss your options and pricing further.